Universal Design Center Lunch N’ Learns are informational sessions to explore the basics about various topics offered on a monthly basis.
- Procuring and using accessible technology
March 24, 2023 – 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Accessibility testing and automated checkers
April 27, 2023 – 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Building accessible flyer and worksheet templates
May 24, 2023 – 12:30 p.m.-1:30 p.m.
- Putting Universal Design for Learning Into Action
Book: Reach Everyone Teach Everyone
- Accessible Design in Microsoft Word
March 17, 2023 – 10 a.m.-11 a.m.
- Using Universal Design for Learning to level up your courses?
April 10, 2023 – 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Celebrate Global Accessibility Awareness Day (GAAD): Fix your Content Days with Blackboard Ally
- Which department will reign supreme? Bring a colleague and bump up your Blackboard Ally scores. Come to a session to practice and work on your courses to prep for the next semester. All sessions include a 30-minute introduction and a 30-minute working session.
- May 15, 2023 – 10 a.m.-11 a.m.
- May 16, 2023 – 2 p.m.-3 p.m.
- May 17, 2023 – 11 a.m.-12 p.m.
- May 18, 2023 (GAAD) – 10 a.m.-11 a.m., 11 a.m.-12 p.m., 1 p.m.-2 p.m., or 2 p.m.-3 p.m.
Universal Design Center open labs are an informal learning space to ask questions and get Introductory information about various topics offered on a monthly basis.
- Procuring accessible technology, services, training, and multimedia
March 30, 2023 – 2 p.m.-3 p.m.
- Test it out! – Bring your content and let’s do some automated and manual accessibility testing
- Designing inclusive flyers, emails, and social media images
May 18, 2023 – 2 p.m.-3 p.m.
This virtual conference will offer multiple workshops, speed sessions, and a networking session!
The Inclusion by Design Summit’s goal is to embrace inclusive design practices and empower others to put them into action in their digital and physical environments.